We have an interesting and challenging opportunity for a CDM Principal Designer to join our well-established health and safety consultancy. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of providing CDM consultancy services to a diverse portfolio of Clients and projects. Primarily in London and the South East and operate from offices in Norwich and London.
Reporting to Director Level, the successful CDM Principal Designer will be responsible for providing all aspects of the CDM Principal Designer service either as a direct service to the Client, or on a sub-consultancy basis to the appointed Principal Designer.
The successful candidate will be a qualified design professional with additional construction related health and safety knowledge, and preferably have an IOSH Construction Certificate, or similar.
The applicant needs to have proven experience and knowledge of working within a design related construction health and safety consultancy environment and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels, as well as have the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
Key Skills requirements:
- Design Qualifications/experience
- Proven relevant CDM experience
- Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase of a project.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to co-ordinate the CDM input from Designers
- Reviewing Designers compliance with their CDM design obligations and monitoring compliance
- Identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable design related risks
- Ensuring Designers comply with CDM duties
- Preparing and providing relevant information to other CDM dutyholders
- Providing relevant information to the Principal Contractor to assist them plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the Construction Phase
Apply with detailed CV outlining professional background, experience and salary expectations to: Kathi Hill, PFB Construction Management Services Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 27th May 2016