Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;www.aecom.com. at http://www.aecom.com
About the Business Line
Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
The Glasgow office are looking for a H&S Consultant / CDM Consultant to be employed on projects as an individual consultant or part of a wider team.
Projects may range in value, including commercial, residential, healthcare, retail and infrastructure sector.
The candidate will need to be able to:
- Carry out independently the role of PD / CDM Adviser on projects;
- Undertake regular site visits during the construction period to monitor contractor management of the works. These visits consist of a formal, documented, review of the CDM procedures and site conditions.
- Prepare and delivery training courses to internal and external Clients.
- Robust and extensive understanding and awareness of H&S law and CDM regulations, principles, procedures;
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients, professionals and contractors in a non-confrontational way;
- IT literate in using Windows based packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook;
- Strong communication and written skills are essential;
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team;
- Experience in administering KPI’s and performance measurement systems
Professional memberships, CMIOSH (or Tech IOSH / Grad IOSH) + IMaPS
British Safety Council Diploma
NEBOSH Construction Certificate / General Certificate
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.