Arcadis are looking for several Principal Designer/CDM Consultant/Construction H&S Consultants to join our teams, within our Environment Sector, based in London. If this is you, then read on….
Are you looking for an employer who can help you become the best?
If you’re an experienced CDM Consultant/ Construction H&S Consultants and Principal Designers and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our team and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want.
Welcome to our world…
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
The team is wired in to the ARCADIS global network, providing the opportunity to work overseas if you want, and the chance to be part of an international group that’s really pushing the boundaries in its field. Whether your strengths are as a technical expert, a team leader or a client manager, you’ll be valued. You’ll discover a rich variety of career paths to take you as far as you want to go and become part of a collaborative drive for growth that is already starting to come to fruition.
- To work within the Construction Assurance Team as a Construction/CDM consultant/Principal Designer carrying out related tasks as required by our clients which may include CDM assurance, Design risk management, design reviews, leading design team meetings, H&S compliance audits, construction site safety inspections, safety risk assessments, RAMS Assessments, CPP assessments, Contractor assessments etc.
- Working as a service deliverer within the Arcadis Construction Assurance team, having a significant contribution on client satisfaction. Support Team Leader (TL) in providing a motivated and committed approach to the provision of H&S/CDM services. Progressing to acting as Service lead or team leader role within the growing unit.
- The successful candidate must also have experience of CDM operations, Principals of Prevention and co-ordinating Design Risk Management and experienced in assessing construction sites for health and safety.
- They must be able to provide health and safety guidance and best practice to clients through all stages of projects from site managers through to the Clients Project Directors.
- These roles are based within our London office but flexibility required to work across other locations around the UK.
- Building existing client relationships leading to farming opportunities;
- Provision of advice on how to meet CDM Regulatory requirements.
- NEBOSH Diploma part 1 or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Preferably 5-7 years’ experience
- A positive and dynamic person with experience of working in a consulting organisation providing a range of H&S/ CDM Services
- Demanding of the highest standards and ability to lead by example
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015
- Proven skills in delivery of H&S / CDM services to a varied Client base
- Experience and an understanding of engineering and construction managements and methodologies associated with construction works
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Technical expertise in construction health and safety services
- Driving Licence.
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Incorporated or Certified Member of the Association of Project Safety (IMaPS/CMaPS)
- CMIOSH/GradIOSH Qualified or equivalent
- Experience of bid preparation and case studies
- Demonstrable skills of providing innovative solutions to clients